Running Map – The Armory at 168th Street
How much would you pay to train on one of the fastest 200 meter banked indoor tracks in the world? Priceless? I think not. As of 2007-08, it only costs $300 for the season. This will give you access to train on the track from the end of November to the middle of April. There are specific training times available with your membership. Please check out the Armory Track page for the details.
The track is really fast and the facilities have greatly improved over the years (vastly improved ventilation). There is even a Super Runners Shop on site for your running emergencies.
Even better yet, the Armory Track is the home of the National Track and Field Hall of Fame, so you can take a tour of our sport’s history to hype you up before a tough workout.
Find out more at the Armory Track Foundation homepage.
Talk with other runners about Armory Track at our message board.
- Subway: A or 1 trains to 168th Street, then walk one block west to Fort Washington Ave.
- Car From Westchester County and Tappan Zee Bridge: Saw Mill Parkway South merges to Hudson River Parkway. After you go under the GW Bridge, take exit 14/15 to Riverside Drive south. Turn left at 165th Street. Go up hill and take first left on Fort Washington. Armory is on the right after the first traffic light.
- Car From New England: I-95 south. As you approach the George Washington Bridge, get to the right as the highway splits. Take the 181st Street exit, the LAST exit before the bridge. Exit onto 181st Street and take a right at the light. Go up hill 3 blocks and take a right onto Fort Washington Avenue. Go 12 blocks. Tthe Armory is on the left at 168th Street.
- Car From New Jersey and Points South: Take the New Jersey Turnpike North, following signs to the George Washington Bridge. As you near the bridge (after passing the Meadowlands), follow yellow signs that say “express” to Bridge. Take the upper level of the Bridge. Once at the bridge and past the $4.00 toll, get to the right lane and exit at 178th Street. Go through one light and make a right at the next light onto Broadway. Go 10 blocks south and make a right onto 168th Street. Go one block west to Fort Washington Avenue. The Armory entrance is at 168th and Fort Washington.
- Car From Brooklyn and West Side Manhattan: Take the West Side Highway (Henry Hudson Parkway) north. Take Exit 15 to Riverside Drive, going south. Go to the 2nd light on Riverside and take a left onto 165th Street. Go up hill and take first left on Fort Washington. Armory is on the right after the first traffic light.
- Parking: Street parking adjacent to the Armory is available and requires feeding a meter. Two good options are Riverside Drive just south of 165th Street or the parking lot at 165th Street and Fort Washington Avenue.